food

Chocolate Raspberry Chia Breakfast Pudding

When you start work at 7:30 am (with an hour public transit commute), you find ways to save every minute you can in the mornings.

As much as I would love to pick up a cheesey bagel with double cream cheese every day, there comes a time when all cheese lovers need to be realistic about their food choices…and when you can’t have cheese, have chocolate and chia.

Chocolate Raspberry Chia Breakfast Pudding can be made the night before in under five minutes and is easily transportable to work or school. The chia seeds make it high in fiber, protein and antioxidants but still low in fat and carbs.

Ingredients

• 2 tbsp light or dark chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup of milk of your choice (I use unsweetened almond milk)
  • 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tbsp honey to taste
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 – 1 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries
Tools
  • A container with a good seal to prevent leaks
  • Measuring spoons
Steps
  • One – Mix together chia seeds and milk ensuring no chia seeds are stuck to the bottom of your container. Physically lift it up and check – chia seeds that remain unmixed will limit your amount of pudding, and we can’t have that.
  • Two – Add in cocoa powder, vanilla and honey. Again stir well, working at getting the cocoa powder mixed in with the milk and off of the surface.
  • Three – Seal your container and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
  • IF YOUR RASPBERRIES ARE FROZEN put them into a separate container and let them thaw over night in the fridge.
  • Four – Spoon your raspberries into your pudding, avoiding any residual liquids left from thawing or washing your raspberries.
Pro Tips
  • Substitute raspberries for any other berry, or a combination of berries.
  • Add granola before eating for a crunch or dried fruits for an extra touch of sweet.
  • If you’re in a super time crunch, throw everything into the container and give it a good shake. Just be careful when you open it the next day as chia seeds have a tendency to get stuck in the lid.
Next Post

You Might Also Like

No Comments

• Reply Chelsea Jesse March 12, 2015 at 4:00 am

I'm already a fan 🙂 trying this!

• Reply Madeline Babinec March 12, 2015 at 4:52 am

Love it!! When you can't have cheese… Have chocolate and Chia!! 🙂 �� so cute Sam!

• Reply Madeline Babinec March 12, 2015 at 4:53 am

• Reply Gagan March 16, 2015 at 7:58 am

I made this for breakfast this morning. It was really easy to make and delicious!

• Reply fitnesssteph March 17, 2015 at 7:43 am

I’ve been wanting to make my own chia pots for a while now- thank you for the tips and inspiring me to give it a try! 🙂

• Reply E H Whitesides March 17, 2015 at 10:09 am

great idea! I have a jar of these seeds that I use in smoothies – great to have other options! blessings!

• Reply sugarandsam March 17, 2015 at 7:32 pm

Yumm! I love them in smoothies too. Let me know how your pudding goes!

• Reply Valerie March 23, 2015 at 11:16 pm

Chia breakfast pudding – one of my fav breakfasts, and raspberries – my fav berries! So delicious, love it! 🙂

• Reply penelopesplace April 14, 2015 at 8:19 pm

I also work early in the morning (8AM, sometimes 7) and end up skipping breakfast because I don’t have time, or don’t want to settle for something unhealthy. This recipe looks awesome and I’m going to go buy chia seeds ASAP to try it! 🙂

PS love the pile of raspberries on top. That is a very appetizing picture!!

• Reply sugarandsam April 15, 2015 at 4:34 am

Thanks! Let me know what you think of you do try =)

• Reply Banana and Brown Sugar Overnight Oats | sugar and sam April 28, 2015 at 5:15 am

[…] Chocolate Raspberry Chia Seed Pudding, Banana and Brown Sugar Overnight Oats can be made the night before in less than 5 minutes and can […]