I once read an article that said lazy people tend to be the most efficient. As the laziest person I know, I can tell you this is true.
My laziness has forced me to develop tricks and work arounds to almost everything in my life. I always look for the quickest possible way to get something done, am always developing new systems and processes that increase efficiency and reduce effort. Laziness has a bad reputation, but when it comes to getting things done quickly, a lazy person can teach the dedicated worker a thing or two (and the dedicated worker can teach the lazy person a lot too).
If mitigating messes is as important to you as it is to me, one bowl recipes are king. They allow you to combine all of your ingredients into one convenient place instead of multiple bowls. There are many situations where separating dry ingredients is completely necessary, but when you come across a recipe that doesn’t require that, hold onto it and use it again and again.
These super easy, one bowl chocolate cupcakes are moist, flavourful and efficient. These cupcakes are simply perfect for the lazy baker and the diligent baker alike.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cup very warm (not hot though!) water
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- One – Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tins with paper liner.
- Two – In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Three – Slowly add in milk, canola oil and water, stiring to combine.
- Four – Mix in eggs and vanilla then stir until smooth.
- Five – Pour into prepared muffin tins until 3/4 full.
- Six – Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick can be inserted into the cupcakes and comes out clean.
- These are best consumed the same day. If that’s not possible, keep them in a sealed container in your fridge, and put a piece of bread in with it. The cupcakes will absorb the moisture from the bread and stay more moist.
- The possibilities are endless for icing choices when you have a chocolate cupcake. I used a classic buttercream, but peanut butter, strawberry, mango and cream cheese are also great choices.
- Cupcakes and cats don’t mix!
Martha knows best. These cupcakes are adapted from the one and only.
Last week, a fellow WordPresser, Cream Cili adapted my Quick and Easy Oreo Truffles recipe into a delicious and creative Hazelnut Pastry Crust with Oreo Truffle Filling dessert. Take a look and let us know what you think – my mouth is already watering!