This isn’t a recipe for those who love savoury foods, this is a recipe for those of us who have a serious sweet tooth.
I’m talking about the people who add syrup or honey to their ice cream and stevia to their strawberries, those who can handle a large slurpee and a gooey butter tart. This recipe, I repeat, is not for those who’d choose chips in a chips vs. gummy bear fight. Because when you roll up peanut butter, chocolate chips and icing sugar into a ball and eat it, you better be damn sure you’ve got a sweet tooth (or a serious PMS craving).
But let me tell you, if you love your sweets, then you’ll love this. Gooey, sweet and bite sized, these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip truffles are an indulgent treat with addictive qualities perfect for a girls night snack or potluck.
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-5 cups of icing sugar (depending on your sweetness tollerance)
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- One – Prepare a baking sheet or large rimmed serving dish that will fit into your freezer by lining with wax paper.
- Two – Melt butter and sugar in the microwave until both are fully melted, usually about 2 minutes.
- Three – Carefully remove from microwave and mix in vanilla.
- Four – Cup by cup stir in the icing sugar and chocolate chips.
- Five – Roll into balls and place on prepared sheet or dish. Freeze for at least an hour then either keep frozen or chilled in the fridge.
- Always check to make sure your baking sheet/dish actually fits in the freezer…I’ve had way too many moments where I assumed and ended up having to transfer last minute.
- I like these as a frozen treat, not only does it prevent me from binge eating them but it keeps form and limits sticky fingers.
- Try crunchy peanut butter for a crunchy twist!