Who says you can’t have chocolate pudding for breakfast?
When I first discovered chia seed pudding I was hooked! What do you mean I can eat chocolate and call it healthy? Well except that one time that I went a little crazy and added peanut butter chips to chocolate pudding and topped it with whipped cream…
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding is fool proof, insanely delicious and great for bringing to school or work. Chia seeds are mostly flavourless and act like a sponge to soak up whatever is around them. They puff into jello-like little seeds that combined make a pudding texture. Packed full of nutrients and fairly inexpensive, chia seeds are the solution to any and all breakfast woes. Ps. Even my picky, eggs and bacon loving boyfriend is hooked on this breakfast.
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder (or 1 tbsp of you want it really, really chocolatey. Keep in mind cocoa is bitter so increasing the cocoa will force you to increase the sugar)
- 1/2 tbsp stevia or sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Optional toppings such as berries or nuts
- One – Combine all ingredients except optional toppings into container with a tight seal.
- Two – Give the container a good shake. You may need to open the container and use a spoon to ensure chia seeds do not get stuck in the corners of your container.
- Three – Refrigerate at least one hour or overnight. Add any toppings prior to serving.
- Not only is this a great breakfast but it can be a great dessert too. Mix in some chocolate, peanut or caramel chips and top with a little whipped cream for a healthier dessert.
- Bulk make a bunch for the week as part of your weekend meal prep to save time during the week.