Who says gluten free can’t be delicious?
There seems to be this misconception that gluten free is instantly subpar, dense and flavourless. That couldn’t be the furthest thing from the truth.
Gluten free baking has come so far in the last few years and is becoming increasingly common. So common that I was getting a manicure the other day and the only snack they offered was gluten free brownies.
These Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies are the perfect example of simple, chewy and delicious gluten free cookies that compete with their glutinous cookie cousins for top spot. Plus they have peanut butter and chocolate…so what could be more perfect than that?
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free baking mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter softenened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- One – Preheat oven to 350 and prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Two – Mix dry ingredients – baking mix, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Three – Beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and vanilla.
- Four – Slowly add in dry ingredients and beat until just blended.
- Five – Mix in chocolate and peanut butter chips with a wooden spoon.
- Six – Bake for 13-15 minutes!
- Don’t have gluten free baking mix handy? You can make your own. See the recipe in the Pro Tips section of my Gluten Free Sweet Vanilla Donuts.
- Not into PB? Swap peanut butter for white chocolate chips.
Inspired by: Robin Hood